The Geneva Community Chest is an all-volunteer Board of Directors of local community and business leaders dedicated to making a difference. These 31 committed individuals volunteer their time and expertise to raise funds for social service charities that help those in need in our community. We stand alongside and proudly support vital social service organizations, critical to the well-being of the people of Geneva and surrounding communities.
The mission of the Geneva Community Chest is to raise funds to financially support local 501(c)3 charitable organizations that help to promote the health and well-being of our community.
1. Qualifies as a 501(c)(3) and serves Geneva residents.
2. Contributes to the health and well-being of the residents of our community, with basic needs taking priority.
3. Meets application deadlines, and provides all requested information.
4. Discusses funding request and answer questions from the Board of Directors at a scheduled time.
5. Shows an interest in a partnership in regards to marketing and fundraising, to include visibility on website, if applicable.
6. Follows up in regard to use and benefit of funds received from GCC.
If your charitable organization fits all of the above parameters, we invite you to download and complete the funding request application. Completed applications must be returned by email, along with your organization’s annual budget and current proof of 501c3 designation to email@example.com by October 29.
We will be conducting in-person presentations on Wednesday, February 23, and Thursday, February 24, 2022, for those charities who qualify for funding. Presentations will be scheduled every fifteen minutes, beginning at 6:00 pm and ending at 9:30 pm at the American Legion, 22 S. Second Street, Geneva.
While various factors are considered in distribution of our limited funds, the questionnaire enclosed reflects the primary factors driving the fund allocations. On the questionnaire, we ask that you indicate a specific project, program, or operational expense that you would like GCC to fund in whole or in part. Your specific requests are helpful to our Board members in understanding the impact that funding will have.
Please keep in mind that submitting an application does not guarantee funding. Our Board of Directors will give every consideration to your request, as we work together with our local agencies to support the wellbeing of our community.