The Geneva Community Chest is an all-volunteer Board of Directors of local community and business leaders dedicated to making a difference. These 34 committed individuals volunteer their time and expertise to raise funds for social service charities that help those in need in our community. We stand alongside and proudly support vital social service organizations, critical to the well-being of the people of Geneva and surrounding communities.
The mission of the Geneva Community Chest is to raise funds to financially support local 501(c)3 charitable organizations that help to promote the health and well-being of our community.
Charities That Qualify for Funding
1. Qualifies as a 501(c)(3) and serves Geneva residents.
2. Contributes to the health and well-being of the residents of our community, with basic needs taking priority.
3. Meets application deadlines, and provides all requested information.
4. Discusses funding request and answer questions from the Board of Directors at a scheduled time.
5. Shows an interest in a partnership in regards to marketing and fundraising, to include visibility on website, if applicable.
6. Follows up in regard to use and benefit of funds received from GCC.
How to Apply
If your charitable organization fits all of the above parameters, we invite you to download and complete the funding request application. Applications must be completed online by December 31st.
This year, a presentation will not be required, unless the GCC Board determines one is needed. If so, your organization will be asked to provide a five-minute presentation, which will be followed by five minutes of questions from the Directors. We will be conducting the in-person presentations on Thursday, January 18, at the American Legion, 22 S. Second Street, Geneva, beginning at 6:00 pm, for those organizations who are asked to present. If the GCC Board determines that a presentation is needed, you will be notified in early January, and a specific time in the evening will be scheduled.
While various factors are considered in distribution of our limited funds, the questionnaire enclosed reflects the primary factors driving the fund allocations. On the questionnaire, we ask that you indicate a specific project, program, or operational expense that you would like GCC to fund in whole or in part. Your specific requests are helpful to our Board members in understanding the impact that funding will have.
Please keep in mind that submitting an application does not guarantee funding. Our Board of Directors will give every consideration to your request, as we work together with our local agencies to support the wellbeing of our community.